Is Cybersecurity the Weak Link in your UK Payroll Service?
Cybersecurity falls outside the remit of most UK payroll service professionals. And while many payroll employees view cybersecurity as a worthwhile and necessary practice, the siloed nature of modern organisations often means they are unaware of the security risks.
Increasingly cybersecurity experts view internal risks caused by improper training and system usage as one of the primary security issues. This is particularly true for UK Payroll Services where employees can easily and unwittingly compromise sensitive payroll information if the correct training and processes are not in place.
To celebrate Safer Internet Day our UK payroll service experts identify 10 low tech ways to protect your UK payroll data and prevent security breaches:
- Ensure team members log off before moving away from their computers
- Use complex passwords for any online payroll software or systems
- Ensure that login details for any online systems (such as payroll portals) are not shared and remain confidential
- Safeguard payroll data by ensuring any payroll related documents are sent via secure encryption, are password protected and are only sent to the intended recipient(s).
- Limit and maintain access to any online payroll systems
- Set up and maintain a firewall
- Restrict Wifi access where necessary. (Having employees and customers/clients on the same network can leave your business vulnerable to packet sniffing and phishing attacks.)
- Develop clear disciplinary policies in case appropriate protocols are not adhered to.
- Keep your router locked away and do not use the default router password
- Keep your router software up to date
Paycheck Plus, Your UK Payroll Service
We provide comprehensive, ISO accredited UK payroll services to organisations throughout UK and Ireland. Our Manchester based payroll service provides UK and Irish businesses with an experienced, knowledgeable, and friendly payroll processing service tailored to their organisation’s needs, with dedicated account management, a freephone customer support line, highly trained customer care staff, and top-rated payroll processes
Our award-winning team of UK payroll experts provide a cost effective payroll outsourcing services to to all major UK cities and territories. We specialise in all aspects of payroll, including payroll consultancy, payroll audits, payroll reporting, payroll training, company set-up and wind-down, and special projects.